Trekking Routes for Climbing Mount Kenya National Park
Having an adventure in a boring life is awesome to imagine, right? So, pack your bags for mountain trekking. This article will provide all the information regarding Mount Kenya. Just scroll down to What are the Trekking Routes for Climbing Mount Kenya National Park.
About Mount Kenya
This is the second highest mountain after Kilimanjaro in Africa. It was covered by the snow for thousands of years. It has walking routes and climbing routes. this is under mount Kenya National park established in 1949.
What are the Trekking Routes for Climbing Mount Kenya National Park
There are 3 trekking routes in Mount Kenya. Namely,
- The Sirimon direction is the least used of the 3 most important routes. However capabilities the most sluggish ascent profile and satisfactory acclimatization options.
- The path passes thru staggering yellowwood forests in the lower reaches and features abundant flora and fauna and exquisite alpine scenery better up.
The Austrian hut and factor Lenana are reached from the head of Mackinder’s valley via Simba col.
- The Naro Moru direction is the quickest and consequently additionally the maximum famous direction onto the mountain, utilizing by most of the tour and outfitting corporations guiding clients up to factor Lenana.
- It is not especially scenic and the rapid ascent profile makes it mistaken for climbers wishing to acclimatize extra gradually and sensibly.
- The Naro Moru direction additionally functions the mythical “vertical bathroom”, a steep quagmire of wet moorland that is extremely taxing and ugly after rains.
- The very last climb as much as the Austrian hut tackles an extended, free and uncompromising scree slope up to the side of the Teleki Valley.
- Essentially, you don’t need to try this direction unless you are in a hurry to bag point Lenana on a quick three-day programme.
Descending through the naro moru route is high-quality even though.
- The Chogoria course is the most scenic and exciting of the three main routes on the mountain.
- The path passes the enthralling corridor tarns and appears down sheer cliffs into the fantastic gorges valley and onto the lovely lakeMichaelsonn.
- The Austrian hut will reach via enamel col at the head of the valley.